Thursday, June 7, 2012

Recipe: Funfetti Cake Cookies


Funfetti is, without a doubt, the best cake / cupcake flavor out there.  Nate and I go crazy for it, finding almost any excuse (or none at all) to make a batch of the little mini cupcakes (our favorite)! 

We love it so much that we wanted our wedding cake flavor to be Funfetti!  Unfortunately both the baker and the caterer said they did not recommend doing this...  (But I wish we hadn't listened because our cake tasted and looked like garbage!)

But anywayssssss, back on topic!  This past weekend Nate and I attended a central, PA wedding where they upheld the yummy tradition of serving assorted cookies made by relatives of the bride/groom in addition to cake.  And when I was dominating every cookie in sight just happened to stumble upon the cookie bar, I found gold: Funfetti Cake Cookies!!!

My taste buds were seriously doing flips before the cookie even hit my mouth!!  And I was googling recipes in the bathroom before the night was even over...  (#fatgirlproblems)

To my absolutely delight I learned two things:

1. Pillsbury makes a Funfetti Sugar Cookie Mix with Candy Bits (unfortunately, not sold in any of my 4 grocery local stores...)



And

2. You can alter the Funfetti Cake Mix to make Funfetti Cake Cookies (that cook on 375 for just 6-8 minutes)! 


OHHH MYYY GOOODNESS!!!

So on Tuesday night, when I was in dire need of eating my emotions, I broke out the spare box of Funfetti cake mix I had in the pantry - ya know, for emergencies - and got to work.

Ingredients:
  • 1 (18.9-oz.) pkg. Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Funfetti® Cake Mix
  • 1/3  cup oil
  •  eggs
  • 1/2 (15.6-oz.) can Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Funfetti® Vanilla Frosting

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, combine cake mix, oil and eggs; stir with spoon until thoroughly moistened. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. With bottom of glass dipped in flour, flatten to 1/4-inch thickness.





2. Bake at 375°F. for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.




3. Spread frosting over warm cookies. Immediately sprinkle each with candy bits from frosting. Let frosting set before storing. Store in tightly covered container.

Now that is one good looking cookie!

P.S. Don't forget to vote on what you think Baby Torok will be!  Girl or Boy?  Did I mention I'm craving sweet not salty? :)

1 comment: